Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Free Flowing Thoughts

I sit down here, roughly 11am this morning with Deola sitting down behind me, hugging me and I think,"This is it; I am happy". I have a girlfriend who loves me to death and will do anything for me. I know I'm on my best behavior and I treat her like a queen. Technically, there's nothing more a guy could want, yes? This feeling makes me reflect on what I've been through and what it took to get with her lol. At the same time, I recognize the point where I am in my relationship and the possible danger it could pose. This is what I want to talk about for now.

I'm at the point in my relationship where everything is good; we have no issues and we rarely fight. She doesn't nag and she supports me wholeheartedly. She trusts me implicitly and restrains her jealousy when I'm with other women. Things are now consistent.........I wonder if you can see the line of thought yet......
When we started dating, things were kinda fast (even though we were abreast of the situation); we kept going up in our relationship by the week. By the third month, things started slowing down; we were finding our rhythm and slowly creating a routine. That reduced complications for us (a good thing) at the expense of excitement, mystery and drama (not so good a thing?). Now well into the fourth month, things are as simple as they can get, and there is peace. We are at the peak, our apogee, the zenith and the only way to go might be down. This is what i want to avoid.

From experience, I know that most people ruin their relationships simply because of this feeling. They get bored and feel like they have seen it all and don't know what else to do with their girlfriends. This boredom is what usually brings the problems; guys will now want to find excitement outside, forgetting that their girlfriends were once enigmatic and exciting. They also forget that they can NEVER know every possible thing about their women. I see this time/phase as a true test of love for people. If you love someone, you will never get tired of your partner. I also believe that if you cant handle this phase, then you shouldn't even bother getting married; I mean, you get infatuated and call it love. You have a long way to go.......

All in all, I would want people to learn from old people; their wisdom is invaluable. I also strongly believe that a walking example in progress of what a relationship should be is the relationship of the people I'm dedicating this post to: Effiong & Jane. Happy Anniversary, both of you. The sky is the limit.

I'll say it again, if you love someone, you will always want to be with that person. There are no limits, PERIOD.  The next day will always be better than the previous day. The fights should help you understand each other better and bring both of you closer together. If you guys have to end, let it be  for a selfless reason, and it should be that you both wish that it should never end.

Nobody owns the world, but you can own the universe........everything, when you own someone's heart. Do not forget that, and never take your loved one for granted.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment